Man and Van Exeter - House removals packing tips
We thought we would put together a useful list of tips for when you're ready to move. One of the most important factors you need to consider is what you do & don't actually need to take with you. Giving careful consideration to delicate items that need special care when in transit, you should set these aside from everything else and take extra time to secure them.
You should consider that preparing to move is a big deal and you need to make sure you're fully prepared for the day of the move by making some essential preparations first.
- Check your insurance policy to see if you're covered for any breakages and to what amount you're covered up to. Busy Chaps is fully insured to cover your items.
- Work out how many boxes you need roughly and get hold of them well before the move.
- If you require any really big boxes, don't pack them to the brim as they will be difficult to lift/handle.
- Liquids such as cleaning products and paint should be kept separate from the rest of your belongings, just in case there are any spillages or leaks.
- Collect packing materials, such as; masking tape, newspapers, bubble wrap and seal bags.
Nobody wants to get to their new place and find that all the essential items you need first are at the back of the van.
- Think about what will happen when you arrive at your new place and the useful items that you need ease of access to before all of your other possessions.
- Make sure all the items you need least are loaded up first.
- Pack any essential items up last, including things like tea/coffee, kettles, cups, cutlery and plates.
- Toiletries and clothing should also be the last items to go in the van.
Other Packing Tips
- Keep it methodical by packing one room at a time and labeling each box clearly and with what's inside the box, i.e. valuables / fragile
- Heavy items should be packed in to small boxes for easier handling.
- Start at the top of your property and work your way down to the ground floor.
- Keep important documents like insurance, birth certificates, passports etc in a clearly marked box to be loaded last with your essentials.
If you're unsure about any aspect of your move, why not give us a call and ask our expert advice in house removals Exeter. We've done this many times and pretty much every scenario you can think of, we've dealt with.
Click here to contact us or you can call us on 01392 368 530.